Discover all that Mudgee has to offer…
Magnificent Mudgee – The Great Entertainer
Taste & Experience the Mudgee Difference…
simply world class Wine & Cuisine
Mudgee is a great place to unwind, particularly if your passion is food and wine.
- Wineries – Mudgee is surrounded by over 40 Cellar Doors many featuring local produce such as olives, olive oils, Take a wine tour, Bicycle Tour or drive yourself.
- Honey Haven – Local Mudgee Honey & Mead
- High Valley Wine & Cheese Factory
- Courtyard Café & Cheese Tasting
- Di Lusso Estate – Local Olives, Wines, Pickles, Oils & Vinaigrettes
- Farm Tours – The Mudgee Farm Gate Trail – local and fresh produce this amazing region has to offer. Cherries, figs, hazelnuts and olives, beef, pomegranates and garlic, desert limes, stone fruits and lamb and honey are just a sample of what will be available to you seasonally and in some cases all year round.
- Art & Craft & Pottery Centres
- Robert Stein’s Motorcycle Museum & the Colonial Inn Museum
- Shopping – Unique Boutiques, Country Markets & Farmers Markets
- Public Parks – Lawson Park on the Cudgegong River & Robertson Park – lovely places for a family picnic
- Bush Walking – Fern Tree Gully, Dunn’s Swamp, The Drip Nature Reserve, Putta Bucca Wetland
- Historical Towns & Villages –
- Rylstone – sandstone buildings and tree lined streets
- Gulgong – a 19th century gold rush town with the Pioneer Museum and Henry Lawson Centre
- Hill End – Former Gold Mining Town
- Hargraves – A sleepy rural village nestled in the hills
- National Parks – Wollemi, Munghorn Gap, Goulburn River National Park & Coolah Tops National Park.
- Lue Enduro & Motorcross Complex – the largest off road motorcycle facility in NSW
- Windermere & Burrendong Dams – Fishing, Sailing, Water Skiing, Sail Boarding with Picnic & BBQ Facilities
- 1.5 hours to Dubbo Zoo and 1 hour to Wellington Caves
- Pubs, Cafes, Restaurants, Wine Bars & Brewery with local wine, beer, food and live entertainment on weekends
Award winners – over 40 with cellar doors – many serving exquisite lunches.
Discover all about Mudgee Honey. Honey sales, restaurant & you can play the 18 hole Putt Putt course.
High Valley Wine & Cheese
Cheese tastings are available at The Cellar by Gilbert.
Why not time your visit to coincide with one of Mudgee Region’s regular monthly markets and discover a range of stall holders to grab some locally grown produce, freshly made breads and cheeses, olive oil, arts and crafts, jewellery, knick-knacks and more.
Colonial Inn museum
The Colonial Inn Museum has a broad range of items in its collection, principally from the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
cafes and restaurants
The Mudgee CBD is only a 3 minute walk from Ningana Motel & Ningana Heritage Terrace Houses. Enjoy a freshly brewed coffee or delicious meal at The Butcher Shop Cafe or many other cafes and restaurants on offer in the centre of town.
Mudgee Tourist Bus
Discover some of Mudgee regions 40+ cellar doors and taste some of the best food and wines in the area. Explore the many attractions that Mudgee and the surround region has to offer.
Mudgee Miniature Railway is open on the 2nd Sunday of every month 10am to 2pm (weather permitting). Special days by arrangement.
mudgee explorer tours
There are so many things to do in Mudgee. Whether you’re into great Mudgee wine tours, amazing natural attractions, or just a social day out, Mudgee Explorer Tours has something for you.
scenic helicopter tours
High quality, scenic winery and pub tours of the Mudgee Region.
If you’re looking for a day out that you will never forget, Mudgee Helicopters has the adventure for you.
Relax in the beautiful ROBERTSON or LAWSON PARK on the Cudgegong River, both only a 5 minute walk from Ningana Motel & Ningana Heritage Terrace Houses.
A visit to Mudgee Observatory can be both entertaining and educational for people of all ages. The observatory is situated 15 minutes drive to the west of Mudgee.
PUBS AND CLUBS
There’s nothing quite as comforting as an ice cold beer and hearty pub food to restore the weary traveller. Several pubs are within walking distance from both Ningana Motel & Ningana Heritage Houses.
Rylstone/Kandos – sandstone buildings and tree lined streets, Gulgong – a 19th century gold rush town with the Pioneer Museum and Henry Lawson Centre, Hill End – Former Gold Mining Town.
Mudgee is the gateway to various national parks in the region including Munghorn Gap, Wollemi, Goulburn River National Park and Coolah Tops National Park.
Unwind in stunning World Heritage surrounds at Dunns swamp – Ganguddy campground. Perfect for a family camping trip, you can go fishing, walking, canoeing and swimming.
‘The drip’ is a towering sandstone cliff-face adorned with weeping grasses and ferns and dripping clear spring water into the river below. “The Drip” picnic area is situated 30 minutes north of Mudgee on the Cassilis Rd.
Windamere Dam is a popular inland sport and recreation destination, offering year-round attractions for water sports and fishing enthusiasts, nature lovers, campers and picnickers.